click logo to return to home-page
available tension: Raven
choreography, costume, dance: Thomas Körtvélyessy
words: excerpts from "Kassandra" by Christa Wolf (1983, Luchterhand)
original version created as artist-in-residence at Elaine Summers Dance & Film Co. / Kinetic Awareness® Center
a part of the series 'available tension' started in 2003
The artist as a prophet, a poet, a figure bridging life and death, presence and transcendence, at the same time.
The raven, a magical bird and wanderer between worlds in many mythologies and stories.
- "Raven Kassandra", Queer Performance Art Evening, ubik/Worm, Rotterdam (NL) 2021
- "X" artist-protest against budget-cuts, Schouwburgplein, Rotterdam, 2010
- theater lebendich, Dortmund (D) during workshop series "synoptic: twighlight zone" organised by Szolga Hajnal,2009
- The 25th Hour, Odessa Film Studios, Odessa (UKR) made possible by a travel-grant of STEP-Beyond / European Cultural Foundation, 2009
- Ruimte in Beweging, Schiedam (NL) 2009
- "Corbul" mise-en-scène by Cosmin Manolescu, National Centre of Dance, Bucharest, Romania, February 14th, 2009
- "silver raven" lighting and video in collaboration with Jung-Yun Kim, Korean National University of Arts, Seoul, November 1st, 2008
- PickUp Club @ The Sugarfactory, Amsterdam (NL) June 9th 2005
- Movement Research, Open Podium at Dance Theater Workshop,
New York City March 9th 2005(premiere)
thanks to Laura Shapiro, Arturo Vidich, Elaine Summers, Christopher Williams, Elke Rindfleisch, Meg Chang & Chuck Rosenberg, and Christine Cali
this solo includes specific and subjective narrative imagery and the subject of poetry
which I have mostly avoided in my work before.
through them I approached the aspect of the dance-maker/artist as a seer & traveller between worlds,
sometimes present here & there at the same time...