click logo to return to home-page
available tension: Raven
choreography, costume, dance: Thomas Körtvélyessy
words: excrepts from "Kassandra" by Christa Wolf (1983, Luchterhand)
original version created during artist-in-residency at the Kinetic Awareness® Center
a part of the series 'available tension' started in 2003
The artist as a prophet, a poet, a figure bridging life and death, presence and transcendence, at the same time.
The raven, a magical bird and wanderer between worlds in many mythologies and stories.
- "X" Schouwburgplein, Rotterdam, artist-protests against budget-cuts, 2010
- theater lebendich, Dortmund (D) during workshop series "synoptic: twighlight zone" organised by Szolga Hajnal, 2009
- The 25th Hour, Odessa Film Studios, Odessa (UKR) made possible by travel-grant STEP-Beyond / European Cultural Foundation, 2009
- Ruimte in Beweging, Schiedam (NL) 2009
- "Corbul" National Centre of Dance, Bucharest, Romania, February 14th, 2009 (mise-en-scène by Cosmin Manolescu)
- "silver raven" Korean National University of Arts, Seoul, November 1st, 2008 (lighting and video in collaboration with Jung-Yun Kim)
- PickUp Club @ The Sugarfactory, Amsterdam (NL) June 9th 2005
Movement Research, Open Podium at Dance Theater Workshop,
New York City March 9th 2005 (premiere)
with thanks to Laura Shapiro, Arturo Vidich, Elaine Summers, Christopher Williams, Elke Rindfleisch, Meg Chang & Chuck Rosenberg, and Christine Cali
this solo includes specific and subjective narrative imagery and the subject of poetry which I have mostly avoided in my work before.
through them I approached the aspect of the dance-maker/artist as a seer & traveller between worlds, sometimes present here & there at the same time...